WeChat with Whom?


Have you seen those ads on TV with Parineeti Chopra and Varun Dhawan in hich they talk to each other using this new app called WeChat? The ads good and the app looks interesting. You see, some of my friends have been nagging me to download an app of this sort for quite a while and finally, I'm considering. I mean, it would be fun to be connected to people 24/7 through a mobile app. So maybe I'll download it. But here's the next question, if I do download the app, who am I going to chat with? Or more specifically, who am I going to chat with the most?


This question really had me thinking and so I came up with a list of five people I'd have on a WeChat group. Here are my top five:


5. Hermione Granger

For those of you who don't know who this lovely lady is, here's a short introduction.

Hermione Granger is one of the lead characters in the Harry Potter series of books. She's the brain of the gang and despite being a rational person in general, she's not afraid to do the wildest of things (and cast the most extreme of spells) for the well-being of her friends. See, this is the kind of girlfriend you'd want if you need to talk at two in the morning- someone who's loyal, brave and not afraid to give a good talking to when you're about to make a mistake. The more I thought about it, the more Hermione seemed like the perfect go-to girl for a happy, free, confused, frustrated architecture student/ writer like me. I can totally imagine our conversation going like this-

CrazyBlogger1994: U kno what, Herms? I cud totaly b off dis stress if by some *MAGIC* I cud come up wid a dezyn for a new Hogwarts building..

HogwartsWiZ: Ummm, ok...but IMposibl. Magical intervention is unethical, not to mention stricly against the RULZZZ!!!!

CrazyBlogger1994: Bt Ld. Voldemort is coming! Nd I had to redesign Hogwarts so all entries wud lead to confusing mazes wid magical traps at just the ryt turns. 

HogwartsWiZ: Professor McGonagall has spells to seal off Hogwarts.

CrazyBlogger1994: Yeah, but this how effective r dos speels against the Dark Lord, the most powerful dark wizard of all time? A redesigned Hogwarts on the other hand....

HogwartsWiz: Good point.

(a few minutes of pause)

CrazyBlogger1994: Sooooo?

HogwartsWiz: I reckon I could give you a vial of Felix Felicis.

CrazyBlogger1994: Wat??

HogwartsWiz: The luck potion. If you're lucky, you'll be able to think of some design.

CrazyBlogger1994: Yay!!!!



4. Katniss Everdeen

My second option for number five is Katniss Everdeen. She's the protagonist of the Hunger Games series. She's a brave girl who lives in the impoverished District 12, hunts wild animals to feed her family and wins in the annual Hunger Games wherein teenagers are forced to fight until death until a lone victor emerges. This girl is fantastic, and that's why her nickname is 'Girl On Fire'. This is the kind of person you need to be chatting with 24/7 just to stay grounded. The conversation would go like this-

CrazyBlogger1994: God, 'm hungry! Landlady's late wid dinner. Have wild animals jumping up n' down in stomach.

GirlOnFire: Lissen up, yung lady! After my father died in a mine explosion, I was hungry for weeks!!! Nd d wild animals u just mentioned? They must b the ones I HUNTED DOWN to feed my family!! So suck it up and wait till your landlady serves you dinner.

Who knew fictional character could make such great WeChat buddies?



3. The guy/ girl in class who has all the notes

This is purely utilitarian, my friends. In every class, there is one boy or girl who attends all the classes, takes down all the notes and has every book/ xerox a student needs. You MUST have this person in ANY group? I mean, what would the rest of us do if people like them did not exist! Anybody who's ever been to college knows what I'm saying. So even if you have nobody else, have this person in your group so that regardless of what time of the day it is, you can say something like 'Hey, I luved ur shoes 2day!!! And btw, can you give me ur Maths notebook tomorrow. Need to xerox a few pages!!' After that u have to sit and hope the reply is 'Yeah, sure!'


2. My Best Friend
This must be on everyone's top 5 list, because when all else fails, this is the person you turn to. This is the person you confide in because best friends are supposed to support you, not judge you. I have a great relationship with my best friend. Whenever I'm in trouble, I call her up and she can do the same. It's like we use each other for venting all our frustrations, and that' proof of a good friendship because acquaintances don't really want to hear you whine for hours. Maybe we could take the whining to a different platform by downloading WeChat. Then we'd be connected all the time.







1. My parents
A lot of kids these days want to keep their parents out of the loop of things. They don't want to tell their parents anything. For them, 'parents' and 'chatting' just don't go together. But when thing go way bad and the best friend fails, this is who you turn to because these people are supposed to be there for you no matter what.




Lastly, I'd just like to say that WeChat is a cool way to stay connected to the people you can't live without. Imagine having them in your phone all the time. So download WeChat and make your list of people you want in a WeChat group. Believe me, it's the new way to connect.




(This entry is for "WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere!" contest. WeChat is a mobile app that lets you connect with friends and family across platforms. For more, go to http://www.wechat.com/en/.

WeChat's Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/WeChatIndia?feature=chclk)

Comments

Popular Posts